Tuesday, November 20, 2012

8 Months Since We've Said Goodbye

It's been 8 long months since we've said goodbye to our precious baby.  What a hard hard week it's been! I'm still in utter disbelief that she's gone much of the time. So thankful for all of our family and friends who remember Abigail and our pain.  You have shown me the kind of person I want to be. Compassionate and sensitive hearts mean more to me than I could ever begin to explain, and I will never forget the kindness and love that we have been shown.

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones!
Proverbs 16:24

Luke sent 8 pink roses to me at work today for Abigail being 8 months old.  So sweet!


We attended an annual candlelight memorial service this past weekend for Abigail.  They read all the names of everyone who passed away in 2011 and in 2012. I love hearing her name! It was so wonderful to get to attend because it makes us feel like we are getting to do something for Abigail, especially since we won't get to have earthly celebrations with her. There was a special candle lit just for her and the whole cemetery was lit with candles. It was beautiful.  



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have such special ways to remember Abigail and celebrate her life. You will be in my prayers this Thanksgiving. I used to pray that I would never know the pain of losing a child, but lately my prayers have been transforming to prayers that I will not know the pain of seeing one of my children not know Christ as his/her Savior. You referred to this a few posts back. What a sweet blessing to know you will see Abigail for all of eternity! Happy 8 months with Jesus, sweet Abigail!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers